Jessica + Brynn


Jessica writes:

I am a mom of a wonderful 22 month old little girl named Brynn. When my husband and I found out we were going to be parents we were feeling many emotions: excited, scared, nervous. I, myself was feeling terrified (and thrilled). For my whole life I have felt like there was nothing I wanted to do or “be” more in life than to be a mom.

On June 18, 2013 our precious little bundle of joy entered this world and filled our hearts with overflowing love and joy. Labor was long and painful and exhausting. When they broke my water we found out there was meconium in the amniotic fluid so our OB told us that we would not be able to cut the umbilical cord or hold the baby until she was fully checked out by the ICU staff. I had envisioned the doctor placing my baby on my chest and all the wonderful feelings you have from that experience. In our case, we just had to be patient a little bit longer.

Once the ICU staff checked our little girl and they finally brought her over to us, it was love at first sight. I never knew I could love someone so much as when I looked into my daughter’s eyes for the first time. It was like looking at a little piece of me and my husband put together and I couldn’t have dreamt a cuter face! We were elated and so proud! Everything was wonderful for the first 24 hours of her life.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse on June 19th. While holding the sweet little love of my life, we had a very crazy experience. She turned blue. From head to toe, like a smurf. We immediately called the nurses in and once they got in there she was back to normal. Then it happened again, and again, and again. They believed us now. To make a long story short, Brynn spent 7 days in the NICU hooked up to O2 sensors, oxygen and the works. She had MRI of the brain, ECHO of the heart, never ending blood work, antibiotics, EEG testing. You name it, she had it. We never thought we would have to go through anything this heart-wrenching. We never got many answers. After 7 days in the NICU, the doctors and nursing staff thought she was good enough to go home with an apnea monitor on at all times.

All in all, here we are 22 months later with a perfectly healthy thriving little girl who is the joy of our world. She is excelling at language skills and loves life. The “blue” spells have never happened again and we will never know why they happened in the first place, as we never got an answer from the doctors. It was unexplainable. I have heard many times the saying that God doesn’t put you through something tough in life unless He thinks you can handle it. I truly believe this now. Our world revolves around this little girl. I have a bond with my daughter that will never be broken. She is and always will be my best friend and the very best thing that has ever happened to me. The old saying goes “all moms wear their hearts on their sleeve”. That is so true.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *